Monday, February 11, 2013

Sneak Peek and The Crochet Meet

HellAll,

I'm busy finishing up this pocket scarf and let me tell you I'm so happy with how my "Oh shit I'm fucking this up" turned into something cool. I'm weaving in the ends and connecting the two pieces as I type, and let me be the first to tell you that you definitely should choose one or the other task to complete at once. I'm posting to tell you all about the crochet meet up I went to Tuesday Feb 5, 2013. It was a really cool event that is held at the Edgewood Barnes and Noble at 7:00pm every Tuesday. I was a little skeptical at first, but upon arrival immediately began to warm up to the other ladies and gents. There were some seriously talented folks in attendance. I was working on something simple, a half-double crochet throw. I admit that I felt a little envious of the skill and artistry that was being displayed.



I'm pretty sure that feeling craft envy is a good thing. It gave me the motivation to tackle bigger and better projects. I can't wait to start on the new things I have lined up. The simple throw is something I've been working on off and on for months. I can't ever seem to work on it for more than maybe a week at a time before I get pulled away by something else. I like to say it's my fall back project. It's the slow going, easy to pick up and put down, somewhat monotonous piece that I can fall back into when I hit a tough spot or a lag in motivation. This serves me well I find. I'm actually surprised that I didn't know this in the 15yrs I've practiced this craft.

(I put it down for about three years and then randomly picked it up again while moving back in 2004.)



The throw is in Red Heart's Cherry Chip and I fell in love with it as a completely single crocheted throw. While it was gorgeous, I find I have neither the time nor patience to do an entire throw in singles in ONE color... How boring. I gave it a try but to my immense dismay, I just couldn't do it. IT is a really pretty colorway that is warm and rich. These pics don't do it justice let me assure you.


Rolled&Wrapped: Too Big Portion to be unraveled
I think it's pretty
To be completely honest, I have pretty much worked up and then unraveled the throw several times. I experimented with different stitches and techniques, I made it too big and then too small. I even now am thinking of things to do to it. I don't know, I guess I'm sorta forcing myself to do something simple and non complex AT ALL.

YOu all have no idea how hard it is for me to not make things all... I don't know "EXTRA".

I'm a boss, what can I say.

SO I'll keep slaving away at this throw and will do a post for it as soon as I finish it... IF I EVER finish it. In the meantime, I'm gonna finish up this pocket scarf and maybe make another and a matching hat for both. On a roll here folks.

Look out for more Crafty Shenanijinks by yours truly Jennifer M!


Until Then... Color Life Outside the Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment